New Covenant School is a Christian institution of foundational learning assisting parents in the biblical discipline and training of their children. Recognizing that all knowledge comes from God alone, we are committed to integrating His truth revealed in Scripture into every aspect of the school providing a rigorous, quality academic program training children to think biblically about every area of life. The mission of New Covenant School is best exemplified in the motto “Presenting every student complete in Christ” (Colossians 1:28).
Acknowledging Christ as the personal designer of each person and creator of all things, as the redeemer and the only mediator of people fallen into sin, as the touchstone of all truth and sovereign over every area of life, New Covenant School strives to appropriate the mind of Christ as the perspective from which we characterize and respond to reality, and train covenant children toward their completion in Him. In making such a biblically grounded frame of reference explicit and operative, we are committed to academic excellence, responsibly striving corporately and personally to accomplish the following general objectives:
- Train each student to see all of creation as the handiwork of God and to study it with wonder and respect.
- Train each student to acknowledge his or her own fallen nature along with the rest of creation, responding with the view that renewal begins with Christ’s redemption, by seeking to bring every thought and act into obedience to Him.
- Train each student to develop the discipline of learning as a continuous process and vocation, receiving many valuable insights into the structure of reality provided by God through thinkers in every age, and seeking to interpret and re-form such insights according to the Scriptures.
- Train each student to think scripturally about culture so as to glorify God through reclaiming and redirecting the creation of the service of God and human advancement.
- Offer each student opportunities to discover and give expression to their potential in every facet of their redeemed humanness.
- Facilitate the development of each student’s personal goals, priorities, and practices that foster spiritual, emotional, social, physical, and intellectual effectiveness and well-being.
To assure that students make sufficient progress towards maturity to the objectives above, New Covenant School is committed to acquiring highly qualified and gifted faculty members fully committed to achieving the above aims as well as modeling them in their lives.
NCS Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which New Covenant School is based. They are also key elements of biblical Christianity that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are the same in substance, equal in power and glory. God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God written, and we accept as its most adequate and comprehensive interpretation the summary contained in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms. The Bible is the only infallible and inerrant divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe sin is any lack of conformity unto or transgression of the law of God.
- We believe that all men are sinners and are totally unable to save themselves or even to cooperate with God in efforts to earn their salvation. Though sinful, all human beings are created in the image of God and are, therefore, spiritual, moral, social beings who think, act, value, and exercise dominion, called to reflect in finite ways what God is infinitely.
- We believe that salvation is only by the sovereign grace of God, who chooses out of the fallen race of mankind those whom he will save. God alone knows who are His, and people of every nation, tribe, and tongue are called to repent and be saved through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. The Holy Spirit indwells Christians and gives them the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- We believe that every genuine Christian noticeably manifests the fruitful works of faith and repentance.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that males and females (like Adam and Eve) are made to complement each other in a one-flesh union upon marriage establishing the only normative pattern of sexual relations such that marriage ultimately serves as a type of the union between Christ and his church.
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of New Covenant School, and to provide a biblical role model to New Covenant School members and the community, it is imperative that staff, volunteers, families and students of New Covenant School agree to and abide by these statements of faith.
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity as those made in God’s image. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and not tolerated at New Covenant School.