- Grandparents/Loved Ones Day (Preschool-5th) – If you have not already done so, please RSVP to your child’s teacher as soon as possible.
- February Hot Lunch – Please order and pay here https://goo.gl/forms/bEokCDga8fX8XAFQ2 by Tuesday, Jan 29.
- Box Tops – PTO will be collecting box tops through Wednesday, Jan 30. Please label with your child’s name, grade and teacher or House name.
- T-Shirt Tuesday Jan 29 – Students may wear any NCS t-shirt with jeans.
- SENIOR NIGHT! We will honor our Senior basketball players during the games on Tuesday, Jan 29. All teams will be in action, with JV girls tipping things off at 4pm. This is our last home game. Come out and cheer loud!
- Re-Enrollment – Remember to re-enroll by Friday, Feb 1 to get the 50% discount!
- Open House – Monday, Feb 4 at 6:30. Tell your friends!
- Save the Date – NCS Night at Creekside BBQ on Thurs, Feb 7
Please look for the following in your child’s Friday Folder or attached to this email:
- Re-Enrollment Packet – This includes information on how to re-enroll for next year and new tuition policies and procedures. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Grandparents/Loved Ones Day(Preschool-5th) – Fri, Feb 8 – This is a very special day at NCS! There will be BINGO, an art show, book fair and a special program. Each student should receive 2 invitations to decorate and give to loved ones. Preschool and Lower School will be dismissed at 11:30 on this day.
- NCS Night at IHOP – Thurs, Jan 24 from 5-8pm. Please mention NCS when ordering.
- Open House – We will be offering THREE Open Houses this year for prospective families. Please share the flyer with a friend! We have more available in the office.
- Winter Ball (8th-12th) – Sat, Jan 19 from 7-10pm in C-108. Tickets are $10 and will be available at the door.
- NO SCHOOL – Mon, Jan 21
- Box Tops – PTO will be collecting Box Tops through the end of January. Please send in a ziploc bag, labeled with your child’s name, grade and teacher/House name.
- Cavalier Chronicle – Catch up on the latest NCS news in our January newsletter here https://newcovschool.net/blog/cavalier-chronicle/
I have attended New Covenant School since the eighth grade. It has seemed like a short five years here because of all of the good times that I have had and all of the great friends that I have made. It almost seems like a dream that I am writing my senior spotlight and that I am almost done with school here at New Covenant.
Even though I have grown up in a Christian home, New Covenant School has benefited me greatly. The teachers not only teach us the class that we are taking, but they also incorporate Jesus Christ in the classes and how He is the way to Heaven. We also have chapel every Friday to let us all gather together as fellow Christians and worship our Lord Jesus Christ. I found that I not only like being around other Christians here but I also like the way that we as students are taught here because I think that it fits me better and has helped me get better grades in school. It is not that any of the classes are easier, it is just because of the wonderful and friendly atmosphere. The atmosphere at New Covenant has not only helped me to open up more to people here at school but it has also helped me to open up better to people outside of school. It has also given me more confidence to feel better about talking to more people in general in the future.
I not only like the academic part of New Covenant School but I also really like the athletic program here. I have enjoyed running the Midnight Flight race for cross country. I also enjoyed playing in the beginning of the season basketball tournament which I am looking forward to doing again one last time.
I plan on attending Tri-County Technical College to get my associates degree and then transferring to Clemson University to get my bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. New Covenant School has been a huge part in preparing me for life. It not only has helped me through academics but it has also prepared me to know how to defend my faith by teaching me about the Bible. I plan on taking all of this knowledge and using it through the rest of my life.
My name is Marilyn Ridings. I have been at New Covenant School for the past three years now. This school has helped me in so many ways, from tenth grade year, till now, my senior year of high school. It has benefited me spiritually, academically, and socially, and in many more ways. I honestly do not know what I would do without these major benefits that I have gained from. New Covenant . I know that when I go to college I will be fully prepared and not worried at all because of how New Cov has helped me.
In the fall of 2019, I will be attending Tri County Technical College for two years and then transfer into Clemson University for the following two years, for a total of four years. I have some idea, but not a definite clue of what I would like to major in yet, but I know God and the inspiration of New Covenant will help me figure it out. I have learned a lot here at NCS, so I have no doubt that I will figure out my major soon.
I am really going to miss New Covenant School. Especially all the people in it and all the memories I have made there. I hope that the teachers continue teaching there until I graduate college so I can come back and visit them and reminisce on the memories I made there.
In 2015 we followed the Lords call and moved our family of four from Nashville, TN to Anderson, SC. We didn’t know a single person when we moved, but we knew this is where God wanted our family to be. In 2016 we decided to put Westyn, who was 4 at the time, into preschool. It was the first time having either of our boys outside the home which made me very nervous. We enrolled Westyn at New Covenant in their K4 program based on recommendations from neighbors and friends. Right away we knew this school was special.
We did not originally plan on staying at New Covenant past that first year of preschool. After many conversations, touring the elementary school we are zoned for, and praying we came to a decision that best fit the goals for our family. We chose to stay. Here we are two years later with a son in first grade, our other son in K3, and my little sister enrolled in fourth grade.
New Covenant offers so many things we want for our boys that no other school could give them. We want a Christ centered environment, a teaching staff that focuses on our children, and a place where they would be safe and protected. New Covenant goes above and beyond our expectations and we can’t imagine sending Westyn and Lincoln anywhere else.
- 2nd Quarter Report Card – All students received a hard copy. They are also available to view on Gradelink.
- Re-Enrollment Rally – Monday, Jan 14 at 6:30pm or Tuesday, Jan 15 at 8:30am in C-108 – Come reserve your spot for 2019/20 and hear what’s new for next year!
- Soccer Shots (Preschool – 3rd Grade) – Register for the winter/springsession at www.greenville.ssreg.org.
- Winter Ball (8th-12th) – Saturday, Jan 19 from 7-10pm in C-108
- No School – Monday, Jan 21
- Save the Date: Thursday, Jan 24 is NCS Night at IHOP