Congrats to our VOLLEYBALL team for competing in the first volleyball match in New Covenant School history on Thursday 8/30/2018!
If you want to catch the team in action, they are HOME against Fountain Inn on Tuesday September 4th at 5:00. NOTE: Our home games are played at Trinity Baptist in Williamston.
- Mon, Sept 3 – Labor Day Holiday – No School
- Hot Lunch – Orders are due by Tues, Sept 4. Order and pay here: https://goo.gl/forms/Uf1WXsT8rHXfvA3W2
- PTO Meeting – There will be a PTO meeting on Wed, Sept 5 at 8:15am in the Library. All parents interested in becoming involved with the PTO are invited to attend.
- Cavalier Chronicle – Check out the latest NCS news here: https://newcovschool.net/blog/cavalier-chronicle/
- Back to School Paperwork – Remember to turn in paperwork from your back to school night packet and the Grandparent contact form!
- Field Trip Forms – Upper School students should have received permission forms for the Barrier Island Field Trip (6th and 7th) or the Upper School Retreat (8th-12th). Please return by Wed, Sept 5.
Dear NCS Family,
Happy Friday! Please look for the following in your child’s Friday Folder or attached to Mrs. Lopez’s email:
- Restaurant Night – NCS is hosting a restaurant night at Firehouse Subs on Thurs, Aug 30th from 5-8pm
- Grandparent Contacts – NCS loves our grandparents. We want to be able to keep them informed on all that we have going. Please complete the contact form and return to the office.
- Drop-off and Pick-up – Morning drop-off begins at 7:45. Please drop students off at the back breezeway or park in the back parking lot if walking students in. We are monitoring the afternoon pick-up situation and will make adjustments if needed. If you are only picking up upper school students, you may bypass the car line and go to the breezeway or use the back entrance (off McConnell Springs Rd). If you have a grammar school student and upper school student, please go through the car line to get the grammar student, then pull down to the breezeway.
- Hot Lunch – We are finalizing lunch vendors and will send ordering information very soon! We plan to have our first hot lunch the week of Sept 10.
- Save the Date – The Barn Dance (8th-12th grade) will be Fri, Nov 2. Please note this is a change from what is on the Events Calendar.
- Survey – If you have not already done so, please take a moment to complete this short survey about Back to School Night – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/85DKBPS
- Prayer Request – Please be in prayer for one of our K3 teachers, Mrs. Kayla Gibson. She has severe arthritis in her hip and may need hip replacement surgery.
- Back to School Night Packets – Be sure to look through your packet and return forms to the office.
Enjoy your weekend!
We are excited to see everyone at our Back to School Night as we kick off a great school year! It will be an evening under the big top as we celebrate the Greatest School! Everything starts at 6:00. Students and their families will rotate through three things; Visiting the Classroom, Food, and Games! Please read below to see where to go at 6:00.
- Preschool go directly to C108
- Grammar School (K5-5th) go to the gym
- Middle School go directly to your homeroom
- High School will be serving where needed
Once you are there, you will get directions on how the night will proceed! We are looking forward to a Greatest Evening and a Greatest Year (our 20th)!!!
Important note: if you have a preschooler and a grammar school student, please go to C108 first. If you have a middle schooler and a grammar school child, please go to the middle school homeroom first. Thanks!
New Covenant is excited to announce that Mrs. Jade Burdette has joined our preschool staff as an aide. Mrs. Burdette is an Anderson native and has been married to her husband Steven for 18 years. The Burdettes have a soon to be 11 year old daughter named Sara, who will be in 5th grade this year at our school!
Mrs. Burdette is an active member of the Anderson County Junior League, where she has enjoyed being involved in various volunteer opportunities over the past eight years. In particular, she enjoys volunteering at the Shalom House in both Anderson and Belton and in the food pantry at AIM. She looks forward to getting to know everyone in the coming year. Please join us in welcoming her!
Please join us in welcoming Mrs. Janice Stephens to our school as a preschool aide. Mrs. Stephens is a familiar face to many as she subbed and helped in our preschool for the last two years. Now she will be a regular face since she will be serving as an aide.
Mrs. Stephens has been married for 39 years to her husband Thomas. They have two daughters and three grandchildren. Thomas is retired and works part time as a bailiff at the county courthouse. Mrs Stephens is also a grandmother to NCS student Malachi, who will be in first grade.
Mrs. Stephens was employed by the SCDMV for 25 years. She has been retired from there for 6 years. Please join us in welcoming her as a preschool aide!