New Covenant School recently held its annual fall art show as part of our Thanksgiving celebration. Many of our students had their awesome art work on display for viewing.
A committee of art judges selected six pieces that will represent New Covenant School during the month of March for Youth Art Month at the Anderson Arts Center. We are excited to offer congratulations to Jacob Valentine, James Curnow, Joseph Mortenson, Emerson Canney, Sarah Sizemore, and Eliza Mattox! We’ll select four more representatives next semester, so keep up the good work!
Please look for the following in your child’s Friday Folder or attached Mrs. Lopez’s email. Be sure to check out the announcements as we have a lot going on at NCS!
- December Hot Lunch Forms – Due no later than Tues, Nov 17th.
- T-Shirt Tuesday – Tues, Nov 17
- Thanksgiving Program and Art Show – Please join us on Tues, Nov 17 at 6:30pm in the sanctuary for this annual event. The Art Show will include pieces from K5-5th grade, as well as, the middle and high school art classes.
- Feed the Need Update – We are over $30,000 in donations!!! And it’s not too late to get involved. Please see the attachment below (11th hour challenge) on how you can help us finish strong!
- Feed the Need Packing Party – Fri, Nov 20. Note: All students (K5-12) will be dismissed at 12:00.
- Varsity Basketball – The NCS varsity basketball teams will have a scrimmage at Anderson Christian School onMonday, Nov 16. Girls will start at 5:30, boys to follow. $2 admission
- Festival of Trees – Follow this link to read about NCS’s creative side –https://newcovschool.net/2015/11/12/festival-of-trees-ncs-most-creative/
- Cavalier Chronicle – Follow this link to view the November issue of our newsletter – https://newcovschool.net/blog/cavalier-chronicle/
- Box Tops Update – We raised $275.10 through Box Tops this semester. We will collect them again in February. Thank you!
Enjoy your weekend!
New Covenant School is excited and proud to announce that the Christmas tree we entered into the Foothills Alliance’s Festival of Trees WON, Most Creative!!! Our tree is decorated with our students’ work that was completed under the instruction of our Art Teacher, Mrs. Marie Wright. The works were then copied, shrunk, and matted by our Third Grade teacher, Mrs. Alisa Lamb. The finishing decorations were added by NCS parent, Mrs. Elizabeth Sconyers!
A special thanks goes to Mrs. Lamb, Mrs. Wright, and Mrs. Sconyers for all their hard work! Also, thank you to Dr. Ron Sconyers for having the vision of NCS entering a tree this year. And of course, thank you to OUR STUDENTS for their masterpieces!
Viewing of the Trees is free and open to the public on Thursday, November 12th from 10am to 8pm, and Friday, November 13th 10am to 1pm at the Civic Center.
The “Champagne & Mistletoe” Auction is November 13th at 6:00 pm at the Civic Center. Tickets are $45 each
Please look for the following in your child’s Friday Folder or attached to Mrs. Lopez’s email.
- Scholastic Book Fair – The book fair has arrived and will be open Mon 2:45-3:15 and Tues-Fri 7:45-8:15; 2:45-3:15
- PTO Meeting – Wed, Nov 11 at 8:15 in the Church Library
- Thanksgiving Program – Tues, Nov 17 at 6:30 pm in the Sanctuary
- FEED THE NEED UPDATE! Two weeks until we pack – and we just went over $24,000! Check out this fun video update : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcmIofpatPo&feature=youtu.be and be sure to join the Facebook event: Feed the Need Packing Party to get updates! Link here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1668277236792925/
- FEED THE NEED T-shirts for sale! See the t-shirt design below. All students and staff will receive a t-shirt, but if any parents would like to order, please respond to this email with your size by 10:00 am Monday. T-shirts are $10.
Enjoy your weekend!