- Registration form: http://goo.gl/forms/RSm5pbyXsP
- Cost is $40 to register. Uniforms will be an additional $30 (approx)
- Your son or daughter must be 13 or under on August 1.
- We are playing the YMCA soccer league.
- Practice will begin the week of August 10.
The Anderson Fundamentals Football League will return for the 2015 Football Season. It will be 10 Saturday mornings (9 am to 11 am) of basic football teaching and flag football games for boys ages 7 to 12.
Brandon Anderson is the new AFFL Head Coach.
Here is a link to the sign-up form http://goo.gl/forms/N4ZWkbehAL
Location: Anderson Sports and Entertainment Center Football Complex
Saturdays in the FALL
9 am to 11 am
Each boy will receive an AFFL jersey
Players need cleats
Saturday, Aug. 22: First day
Saturday, Aug. 29
Saturday, Sept. 5
Saturday, Sept. 12
Saturday, Sept. 19
Saturday, Sept. 26
Saturday, Oct. 3
Saturday, Oct. 10
Saturday, Oct. 17
Saturday, Oct. 24 Power Bowl
New Covenant School is seeking an Art teacher for the 2015-2016 school year. If you or someone you know is interested in this teaching position, please become familiar with our school and classical, Christian education by reading the information on our website.
This position is a part time teaching position for five days a week for a total of 10 hours a week. The schedule is flexible. Pay is based off of qualifications and experience. The Art teacher is responsible for teaching classes to First Grade through High School age students.
If you are in interested in finding out more information or in applying, please call Mr. Joe Canney, our Headmaster at 864.224.5675 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Embracing the Past
We use the classical model of education to develop effective thinkers, writers, and communicators.
Educating the Present
We will celebrate the largest graduating class of NCS to date in the May 2014 Commencement ceremony.
Equipping the Future
We are committed to “presenting every student complete in Christ” (Colossians 1:28) to help shape today’s world.
YOU are the Future of New Covenant School! Invest in the mind, heart, and soul of a child with an NCS education. Give to the Christian Heritage Fund today to help us raise $50,000 in scholarships! Enable NCS to continue to educate and equip children to fulfill God’s purpose in their lives.
Mrs. Byce grew up in Greenville and knew from a young age that she wanted to be a teacher and never wavered from that dream. She graduated with a degree in Elementary Education and shortly after, having gained a passion for the teaching of reading she enrolled in the Master’s program at Furman University where she received a degree in Reading in 2003.
Since then she has spent the past 10 years teaching first grade at an independent, Christian school in Greenville, SC. Although not raised in the independent school setting, she has come to love the idea of independent education and the impact it can have on a child’s life. She loves that teachers are able to really get to know their students and the families they come from and that a partnership can form to educate the child together. She also loves being able to impact a generation of children with a Christian worldview.
During her college and graduate school years she met and fell for Anderson native, Mr. Chad Byce. They married in 2005 and have two children who will attend NCS this coming year. Caleb will be in first grade and Caroline will be in K-4. They have lived in Anderson since they have been married and are active members of Concord Baptist Church where they enjoy helping with the children’s ministry.
In Mrs. Byce’s free time she enjoys reading, singing, playing the violin, drinking good coffee and shopping. As a family, they love to spend time playing outside or boating at the lake.
Please join us in welcoming Mrs. Carrie Byce to the New Covenant School family!
New Covenant School is excited to announce the hiring of Mr. Joel Wilkes as an Upper School Humanities teacher. Mr. Wilkes will fill a variety of roles for NCS including teaching Bible, History, English and Literature.
Joel grew up in the Midlands of South Carolina where he was the fourth child of four. His parents exemplified the love of Christ to him from birth, and taught him too many things to count, first of which is to love Jesus and love others. He grew up a Gamecock fan, where he spent four exciting years studying English, helping to start a Christian fraternity, and serving in his church before he graduated in the spring of 2011.
Upon graduation, he moved to Saint Louis to begin working on his Masters of Divinity at Covenant Theological Seminary. While in seminary, Joel felt the call to serve students, and began his internship at his church in Saint Louis working with the middle and high school ministries. At the same time he began coaching wrestling at a local private school and found his time there to be delightfully challenging and encouraging. Having finished school, Joel enjoys reading, relaxing with friends and is always on the lookout for a new delicious place to eat!
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Wilkes to the New Covenant family!
Our Girls’ Basketball Camp starts this Monday!
There are still a few open spots! Register now if you would like to be a part!
When: Monday, July 20th through Friday, July 24th.
Time: 9 to 11 am for girls going into 7th – 12th grades; 1 to 3 pm for girls going into 3rd – 6th grades.
Cost: $30 and includes a camp t-shirt.
Where: St. John’s Methodist Church (Gym).
Who: Any girls who are interested in improving their skills and knowledge of the game of basketball. (This is NOT limited to only girls who are planning on playing for the NC school team.)
How many? Each session will be limited to the first 12 girls who register.
How to register? Email Coach Canney at email@example.com. Checks made payable to New Covenant School.
New Covenant School is a Christian institution of foundational learning assisting parents in the biblical discipline and training of their children. Recognizing that all knowledge comes from God alone, we are committed to integrating His truth revealed in Scripture into every aspect of the school providing a rigorous, quality academic program training children to think biblically about every area of life. The mission of New Covenant School is best exemplified in the motto “Presenting every student complete in Christ” (Colossians 1:28).
Acknowledging Christ as the personal designer of each person and creator of all things, as the redeemer and the only mediator of people fallen into sin, as the touchstone of all truth and sovereign over every area of life, New Covenant School strives to appropriate the mind of Christ as the perspective from which we characterize and respond to reality, and train covenant children toward their completion in Him. In making such a biblically grounded frame of reference explicit and operative, we are committed to academic excellence, responsibly striving corporately and personally to accomplish the following general objectives:
- Train each student to see all of creation as the handiwork of God and to study it with wonder and respect.
- Train each student to acknowledge his or her own fallen nature along with the rest of creation, responding with the view that renewal begins with Christ’s redemption, by seeking to bring every thought and act into obedience to Him.
- Train each student to develop the discipline of learning as a continuous process and vocation, receiving many valuable insights into the structure of reality provided by God through thinkers in every age, and seeking to interpret and re-form such insights according to the Scriptures.
- Train each student to think scripturally about culture so as to glorify God through reclaiming and redirecting the creation of the service of God and human advancement.
- Offer each student opportunities to discover and give expression to their potential in every facet of their redeemed humanness.
- Facilitate the development of each student’s personal goals, priorities, and practices that foster spiritual, emotional, social, physical, and intellectual effectiveness and well-being.
To assure that students make sufficient progress towards maturity to the objectives above, New Covenant School is committed to acquiring highly qualified and gifted faculty members fully committed to achieving the above aims as well as modeling them in their lives.
NCS Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which New Covenant School is based. They are also key elements of biblical Christianity that will be unapologetically taught in various ways through all grade levels.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are the same in substance, equal in power and glory. God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable in His being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God written, and we accept as its most adequate and comprehensive interpretation the summary contained in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms. The Bible is the only infallible and inerrant divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe sin is any lack of conformity unto or transgression of the law of God.
- We believe that all men are sinners and are totally unable to save themselves or even to cooperate with God in efforts to earn their salvation. Though sinful, all human beings are created in the image of God and are, therefore, spiritual, moral, social beings who think, act, value, and exercise dominion, called to reflect in finite ways what God is infinitely.
- We believe that salvation is only by the sovereign grace of God, who chooses out of the fallen race of mankind those whom he will save. God alone knows who are His, and people of every nation, tribe, and tongue are called to repent and be saved through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. The Holy Spirit indwells Christians and gives them the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- We believe that every genuine Christian noticeably manifests the fruitful works of faith and repentance.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.