Great news! It looks like we will have enough kids to have a U14 soccer team participate in the YMCA league. Here are few more details…
- The team is being organized and administered through New Covenant School, though you don’t need to be a student at NCS. If all goes well, this team should be together for the next 2-3 years.
- We are participating in the YMCA U14 league. If you’ve played Y soccer in the past, the schedule will be very familiar. Games are on Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. The games typically start the first week of September, but the schedule won’t be ready until late August. Games typically end the 2nd or 3rd week of October.
- Rob Wright is the head coach. He has coached soccer at the Y for the past 7 years. His oldest son is a part-time student at NCS, and his family attends New Covenant Church.
- Practice will likely start the week of August 10 (subject to change). The team will practice twice per week until the season starts. Depending on the game schedule and team’s performance, we may practice on a Saturday morning during the season. Practices will be at the Duckworth field or NCS.
- The registration cost is $45/player. Uniforms will cost extra. Checks should be made payable to New Covenant School.
If you are committed to playing, please respond to Coach Wright via email by Wednesday. Also, drop a check by New Covenant School (301 Simpson Road) by Friday. (If the door to the school office is locked, slide it under the door.)
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Wright by email or at 864-245-2975.